Registration for National Means Cum Merit Scholarship (NMMS) Scheme for the year 2023-24 is open on the National Scholarship Portal (NSP) for students who qualified the NMMS Examination in 2022, held on 18th December 2022.
Important Dates for Registration & Verification
- A) Student registration at National Scholarship Portal, opening date: 01.10.2023
- B) Student registration at National Scholarship Portal, Last date: 30.11.2023
- C) Institute Level Verification by the Institute Nodal Officer (INO): 15.12.2023
- D) District Level Verification by the District Nodal Officer (DNO): 30.12.2023
As per the Ministry of Education, Government of India norms, qualified NMMS students must register on NSP with their Aadhaar number and apply for the NMMS scheme to receive scholarship funds, which will be disbursed through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) to the student’s Aadhaar-linked bank account. The list of selected students has already been published in the Result Booklet of NMMS Examination 2022.
The renewal registration process is also open for students who qualified the NMMS Examination in previous years and are currently studying in class X, XI, or XII (2021-22, 2020-21, and 2019-20).
All concerned parties are urged to complete the process as per the provided timeline. Please take note of the important dates in the entire process, as the NSP will not be reopened by the Government of India for defaulters.
Neglecting these instructions and depriving students of the scheme’s benefits will result in the INO/DNO being held responsible by the Government of India.
NMMS Examination 2023 Details
Sponsored by the Department of School Education & Literacy, Ministry of Education, Government of India, and conducted by the Directorate of Secondary Education, Assam.
- Students in class VIII are eligible to apply for the NMMS Examination.
- Selected students from Government & Provincialized schools will receive a scholarship of RS 12,000 per annum during classes IX-X-XI-XII, following the Ministry of Education’s norms.
- Students from Private schools, JNV, KV may appear in the Examination, but they will not be selected for the scholarship.
- Date of Examination: 18th November 2023
- Issue of e-Admit Card: 3rd November 2023
- Online Application Deadline: 31st October 2023
- For more information and online application, please visit:
Office Address: ET Branch, Room No. 48 Directorate of Secondary Education, Assam Kahilipara, Guwahati-781019 Phone: 0361-355-8-170 (office working hours only) WhatsApp: 9435-77-67-67