Guwahati, Assam – The Assam Public Service Commission (APSC) has invited applications from Indian citizens for the prestigious position of Chemical Examiner (Excise) in Assam under the Excise Department. This exciting opportunity offers a chance to serve the Assam Government and be compensated as per the specified pay scale, along with standard allowances applicable under the Government of Assam’s regulations.
- Position: Chemical Examiner (Excise) in Assam, under the Excise Department
- Number of Vacancies: 1 (One)
To be eligible for the position, candidates must hold either a B.Sc. degree in Chemistry or an M.Sc. degree in Forensic Science and Criminology from a recognized university, whether in India or overseas. Priority will be given to candidates with a First-Class M.Sc. degree in Chemistry and those with prior experience in the field of Forensic Science and Criminology.
Candidates must be at least 21 years old and not more than 38 years old as of January 1, 2023. Age relaxation is applicable, with a 5-year relaxation for SC/ST candidates and a 3-year relaxation for OBC/MOBC candidates.
The age of candidates will be calculated based on the information provided in their Class 10 or 12 Examination Admit Card/Pass Certificate/Mark sheet issued by a recognized Central/State Board/Council, where their Age/Date of Birth (DOB) is clearly mentioned.
Salary and Pay Scale
The selected candidates for the position of Chemical Examiner (Excise) in Assam will be compensated with a Pay Scale ranging from Rs 30,000 to Rs 1,10,000 per month, along with a Grade Pay of Rs 14,500 in Pay Band 4.
How to Apply
Candidates must apply online via APSC’s recruitment website, with no other means of application accepted. New applicants must register on the APSC recruitment website and complete the One Time Registration (OTR) process. The following steps are crucial for a successful application:
- Register at APSC’s recruitment website and complete the OTR process with basic details.
- Use a valid and active email address for online registration to receive updates and requirements.
- Complete the One Time Registration with personal information, education, work experience, photo, signature, and other required documents.
- Carefully review eligibility criteria and fill in mandatory fields.
- Submit document details and upload documents in PDF format (not exceeding 2 MB in size).
- Ensure your degree certificate/mark sheet clearly states your name and awarded degree or specified subjects as per the advertisement.
- Fill in all required information in the application form, check the declarations checkbox, and click ‘Preview’ before final submission.
- Ensure all fields are correctly filled before final submission, as editing is not allowed after submission.
- Preview uploaded documents for legibility before final submission.
- Pay the application fee and processing fee upon completing the form.
The application fee is as mentioned on the official website.
Details about the selection process will be announced at a later time. The Commission will determine the selection criteria, taking into account various factors.
Candidates are advised to adhere to the following important points:
- Ensure they meet all eligibility conditions before applying.
- Their admission is provisional, subject to verification.
- Candidates must meet the required physical standards for the post.
- Withdrawal of candidature requests after application submission won’t be considered.
- Providing incorrect information may result in disqualification.
- Final results will be announced through the APSC website/newspapers. Inquiries about results won’t be entertained.
- Any form of canvassing will disqualify a candidate.
This is an excellent opportunity for individuals with the required qualifications and experience to contribute to the Assam Government’s efforts in maintaining law and order. Interested candidates are urged to visit the official APSC website for detailed information and application procedures.