Published on October 22, 2023. The Research and Assessment Center (RAC) of the Defense Research and Development Organization (DRDO) is set to bolster its scientific workforce with an invitation for online applications for various Scientist positions. This recruitment drive, advertised under DRDO Advertisement No. 147, will be conducted through the Lateral Recruitment Scheme. Here’s what you need to know:
Vacancies and Deadline: A total of 51 vacancies are up for grabs, spanning from Scientist ‘C’ to Scientist ‘F’ positions across multiple Science & Engineering disciplines crucial to DRDO’s mission. Aspiring candidates have until November 17, 2023, to submit their online applications.
Qualifications: Applicants are required to possess a First-class Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Technology in their respective disciplines from a recognized university or equivalent. Qualifications and experience must align with the specific job requirements, as outlined in the advertisement.
Eligibility: Candidates must ensure they meet the eligibility criteria as of the closing date of the advertisement. This includes holding a First-Class degree certificate from a recognized university and having the prescribed experience in the relevant field with documented proof. It’s important to note that meeting the minimum qualifications does not guarantee an invitation for a personal interview. Additional weightage is given for higher qualifications.
Age and Relaxations: The maximum age for Scientist ‘C’ positions is 40 years, while for Scientist ‘D’, ‘E’, and ‘F,’ it is not exceeding 50 years. There are age relaxations for Divyang/PwD candidates, serving Civilian Central Government employees, and Ex‐servicemen, as per rules.
Application Process: Candidates must initiate the process by registering online at the RAC website. Detailed guidelines will be accessible on the candidate’s login at the RAC website. After successful registration, candidates can fill out the application form online. Ensure that all necessary certificates and documents are uploaded, and the application fee is paid. Applications must be locked for submission, and only locked/finalized applications will be considered.
Documents Required: Several documents, including proof of date of birth, passport-sized photos, and self-attested certificates/testimonials, will need to be submitted. Government employees must upload a signed declaration. Failure to do so may lead to the cancellation of their candidature.
Application Fee: There is a non-refundable application fee of Rs 100 for most candidates, with exceptions for SC/ST/Divyang and Women candidates.
Important Points to Note:
- Eligibility regarding age, essential qualifications, and experience must be ensured.
- No changes are allowed after the closing date of online submission.
- Keep a registered mobile number for important updates via SMS/Email.
- Regularly check the RAC website for updates and eligibility status.
- Translation discrepancies will follow the English version of the advertisement in Employment News.
- Disputes will be resolved in Delhi courts/tribunals.
- Original certificates may be required for verification during interviews.
- Clearly mention if any relatives work in DRDO.
- Eligibility is determined as of the closing date.
- Attach complete and legible certificates; incomplete attachments will not be considered.
- False or incorrect information will lead to rejection and potential debarment.
- Any form of canvassing will result in disqualification.
Aspiring scientists are encouraged to visit the RAC website for comprehensive details and to embark on this exciting opportunity to contribute to the defense research and development efforts of the nation.