Assam career – Applications are invited for the engagement of one Fellow for the Aspirational Block Programme in Mandia, Barpeta, Assam, for a duration of 12 months. Interested candidates can apply as mentioned below.
Examination Date- 10:00 AM on 03/12/2023
The candidate should be an Indian citizen, preferably a resident of Assam.
Age limit: Between 21 and 30 years as of March 31, 2023.
Salary: A total stipend of RS 55,000 per month.
- Post Graduate degree in any discipline from a reputable institution.
- Proficiency in data analysis and presentation.
- Familiarity with social media platforms.
- Strong project management skills.
- Previous experience or internship with a Development Organization is desirable.
- Self-driven with excellent communication skills.
- Knowledge of the local language.
- Preference will be given to candidates with a background in development or rural studies.
- Knowledge, Skills, Experience, and Expected Performance:
- Prior experience in the government or private sector in the development field, particularly in project management at the national or state level, is advantageous.
- Collaboration with Block-level officials to design and implement development strategies aligned with the Aspirational Block Programme’s thematic areas.
- Conduct regular field visits to assess project implementation, address challenges, and gather on-ground insights.
- Analyze data and provide evidence-based recommendations to Block Level Officials and District Level Officials to optimize development initiatives.
- Organize workshops, awareness campaigns, and skill-building programs to empower the local community.
- Keep the BDO office in Mandia and the DC office in Barpeta informed about issues, challenges, and the need for support.
- Assist in documenting good governance practices.
- Utilize the ABP portal to assess the block’s performance and communicate with all Block Level Officials.
- Attend training programs conducted by NITI Aayog, the State, or the District.
- Submit reports at regular intervals to NITI Aayog, the State, or the District.
- Work under the overall guidance of the District Commissioner (DC) and Block Development Officer (BDO) and report to the BDO for daily functions.
Duly filled applications in Standard Form, along with relevant documents (photocopies), should be submitted to the office of the District Commissioner, Barpeta, at ADP Cell, Transformation & Development branch on or before November 24, 2023.
Candidates may also email their completed applications with documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The eligibility determination for candidates lies with the District Commissioner, Barpeta. If it is found during verification that a candidate does not meet the eligibility criteria, their candidature will be canceled.
The selection will be based on an interview, personality test, and skill test with a maximum score of 100 marks.
Selection Test Details
The test will be conducted on December 3, 2023, at 10:00 AM in the office of the District Commissioner, Barpeta.
The test includes a writing skill test, a PowerPoint presentation, data analysis on government reports, and a computer/IT skill and personality test.
|1||Writing Skill – A description on a topic to be given on spot (200 words)||15 Min||25|
|2||A brief Power Point presentation of 6 slides on any of the following topics given under- Topic 1: Challenges in achieving four Anti Natal checkups of pregnant women in rural areas and possible solutions. Topic 2: Challenges in Routine Immunisation of children (below 5years of age). Topic 3: Tackling malnutrition through community intervention. Topic 4: Challenges in achieving learning outcomes in schools. Topic 5: Increasing agricultural productivity through convergence. Topic 6: Challenges on access of safe drinking water in rural areas||10 Min||25|
|3||Explanation, data analyzing and observations on any of available government Reports/Articles/Issues from the following Sectors (Report based on North East India or Assam will be preferable): (i) Rural Health services (ii) Agriculture (iii) Nutrition (iv) Education (v) Rural Infrastructure Development||5 Min||25|
Faq, Assam career
Who is eligible to apply for the Fellowship program?
The candidate must be a citizen of India, preferably a resident of the state of Assam.
What is the stipend for the Fellowship program?
The total stipend is Rs. 55,000 per month.
Is there an age limit for applicants?
Applicants must be between 21 and 30 years of age as of March 31, 2023.
What are the educational qualifications required?
Applicants should have a Post Graduate degree in any discipline from a reputed institution.
They should possess data analysis and presentation skills, be conversant with the use of social media, and have project management skills.
Experience or internship with a Development Organization is desirable.
They should be self-driven with good communication skills and know the local language.
Is there a preference for candidates with specific educational backgrounds?
Preference will be given to candidates who have completed their higher education in the development/rural stream.
What is expected from the selected Fellow in terms of knowledge, skills, and performance?
The selected Fellow should have prior experience in the development sector and project management.
They should collaborate with Block level Officials to design and execute development strategies aligned with ABP thematic areas.
Conduct regular field visits, analyze data, and provide evidence-based recommendations to optimize developmental initiatives.
Organize workshops, awareness campaigns, and skill-building programs for the local community.
Keep the BDO and DC office informed about issues and challenges and document good governance practices.
Utilize the ABP portal to assess block performance and communicate with all Block level Officials.
Attend training programs and send regular reports to NITI Aayog, State, or District.
Work under the guidance of the DC/BDO of the District.
How can I apply for the Fellowship program?
You should fill out the application in the Standard Form and submit it with all relevant documents to the office of the District Commissioner, Barpeta, or email it to email@example.com before the deadline of 24.11.2023.
Who makes the final decision regarding eligibility of candidates?
The District Commissioner, Barpeta, will make the final decision. If it is found that a candidate does not fulfill the eligibility conditions upon verification, their candidature will be canceled.
How will candidates be selected for the Fellowship program?
Selection will be based on an interview, Personality Test, and Skill Test. The maximum marks for the tests are 100, with different tasks and durations as specified in the notice.
When and where will the selection test be held?
The selection test will take place at 10:00 AM on 03.12.2023 in the office of the District Commissioner, Barpeta.